Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Welcome to the Neighbourhood!

A couple of posts ago, I talked about how I want to put more effort into being generous and giving to others. Well, here's my first go at it!

My sister and I (who are roomates) have new next door neighbours. We're excited about this! Since we share a wall, it's important we get off on the right foot. I met the kids and mum yesterday. The kids are adorable, both girls, about 8 and 10, I'd say. I was outside yesterday with Trotsky and Oddly, who were both on their harnesses, and the girls came over to meet the cats.

By the way, Odd and Trot are best friends forever. Photographic evidence:
Trotsky with his arm around Oddly.
But anyway. I decided to make some raspberry-almond-dark chocolate muffins to welcome the family to the neighbourhood.

I've really been into sewing directly onto paper lately.
My sewing machine has lots of cool stiches like the squiggle stitch I used along the top and bottom.
I got the idea for the card's message from here.

After writing in the card, I hung it on their doorknob!
I hope they like it!

4 comments:

  1. You sweetie!
    My daughter and I just brought muffins to our neighbours...and they were still warm. I don't think too many people do this anymore so I'm trying to set the example, you know. Cheers to being generous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's kind of sad that we treat our neighbours more like strangers these days. I honestly don't really know any of mine, aside from the ones who used to live next door but moved. So I really want to meet these ones and hope we can be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, darling kitties! And I LIVE to be kind to other people, I mean, being kind to others and as selfless as I can be has made my life a million times better, it is truly amazing! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! They ARE rather darling.

    You are right, Shari! Making others feel good just... feels good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...