Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thank You! & Anthony Burrill

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the great response to my shoe wall! A huge thanks to High-Heeled Foot in the Door, Well Worn, and To Be Charmed, who all showed the project on their blogs. Isn't blogging so cool? That you can get inspired by other regular people, and learn so much, and take risks and try new things? I love it.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my profile, I am a teacher. Time this summer is very quickly zooming by, and I am starting to get a bit panicky about back-to-school. I do love teaching, and once I'm there, I'm sure I'll be excited, but right now I am really really enjoying my time off.

I'll be teaching grade eight next year. Last year, I taught grade seven, and next year I am going to loop up with my students so I get to teach them again. I've never done this before, but I think it's going to be really good - we don't have to spend all that time trying to figure each other out, and can dive right in.

When I saw these posters by artist Anthony Burrill, I thought they would be perfect as classroom rules! Don't you think?! What more can I ask, really, than "work hard and be nice to people!?"




All from Anthony Burrill's website.

Unfortunately, I can only find them in British Pounds, and they're 50 pounds each! Out of my budget. I wonder if they'd offer a teacher's discount? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,

    i'd be happy to send you a set of posters for your school
    email me via my website with your details

    best wishes,
    Anthony Burrill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious, Anthony?!?! That's incredible!! Thank you so much! I will e-mail you right away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...